The biggest change in recent times in the garden machinery sector has been the prominent emergence of lithium-ion technology
EGO Power+ remains the only brand to consist solely of battery products. As part of its new product line up for the 2017 season, EGO has announced new products that are more suited for professional and municipal applications, whilst also offering something for domestic gardeners.
Until now the EGO Power+ range has consisted of five key product groups (mowers, line trimmers, chainsaws, blowers and hedgetrimmers) but new for 2017 EGO has announced something completely new with its new multi-tool, which features five heads that are easy to attach and change. The five heads consists of:
- A 38cm brushless line trimmer, with a new rapid reload bump head that makes replacing the line incredibly quick and easy;
- A 30cm brush cutter with three sided reversible blade for cutting tough brush;
- A hedgetrimmer with a maximum length of 160cm but folds down to 99cm. It has 12 cutting angles with a quick release handle that allows locking into position without having to remove pins;
- A pole saw with a 10” guide bar and chain, and a hook for pulling down loose branches;
- An edging tool that is great for working around concrete slabs, and has an adjustable depth wheel and skip plate to go between slabs and the grass to protect the blade.
EGO Power+ has the power to match petrol without the noise, fuss or fumes; silencing many cordless sceptics and proving that battery power is the new way forward in the garden power sector.