Wood for Good, the promotional campaign for the timber industry, is offering free membership of their Online Learning resource.
Online Learning, which has been developed in co-operation with TRADA, Institute of Wood Science (IWSc) and Napier University Centre for Timber Engineering, is the first online resource to provide specialist generic timber information.
The resource provides specifiers with accurate up to date information on topics such as structural use of timber, procurement, engineered wood products, timber protection, and other related issues. Registered users can study in their own time and at their own pace. Each module takes 45-50 minutes to complete which equates to a half day seminar. On successful completion of a final assessment at the end of each course the user can download their CPD certificate.
There are 13 courses currently available.
The catalogue consists of:
• Building sustainably with wood
• The properties, species and science of wood
• Certification, procurement and specification
• Engineered wood products
• Wood protection
• Wood finishes
• Timber for exterior cladding
• Deck design and installation
• Structural timber in construction and roofing
• Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF)
• Oriented Strand Board (OSB)
To register for Online Learning visit www.timberacademy.co.uk or for further information contact Eve Dennehy at wood for good on 020 8365 2700 or email@example.com