Anyone interested in pursuing a career horticulture or garden design may want to make a note of Sparsholt College’s next Course Information Day. The date for the diary is Saturday 19th January 2013, 10.00am to 3.00pm. With excellent career potential, the horticultural industries offer some great opportunities in a wide range of production, amenity work, sports grounds, retail and service business and creative jobs. The College has many dedicated training resources to develop this huge range of skills; not least are the following…
- landscaped gardens, lawns and decorative beds, which benefit all our students and visitors.
- a full range of sports playing fields, including a par three golf course.
- acknowledged, expert staff with much broadcasting and consultancy experience.
- production polytunnels and plant retail centre.
- modern, controlled environment glasshouses.
- floristry workshop and college-grown sources of all year blooms.
- two garden design studios.
- opportunities for Level 3 Extended Diploma students to exhibit at the Chelsea Flower show.
- the College is proud to host the BBC Radio 4 “Gardeners’ Question Time” Garden and the famous Potting Shed, where listeners’ letters are answered by the celebrity panel.
There are a number of study options available from NPTC Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Horticulture to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horticulture. Higher Education opportunities include the Foundation Degree in Garden Design and the BSc (Hons) top-up year in Garden Design.
During the Course Information Day, prospective students and their families can tour the facilities, meet lecturers and chat to current students studying at Sparsholt.